As Indian troops resorted to unprovoked firing along the Line of Control and targeted civilian settlements, a 22-year-old man was injured late Saturday night said the military’s media wing said on Sunday.
In its attacks, the Indian Army fired heavy mortars at the Battal Sector along the LoC on Saturday, Inter-Services Public Relations Director-General Major General Babar Iftikhar wrote in a tweet.
Indian Army troops unprovoked ceasefire violation in Battal Sector along #LOC, targeting civil population with mortars and heavy weapons, late last night. A 22 years old civilian got injured.
Pakistan Army troops responded effectively to Indian firing.
— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) July 5, 2020
Pakistan Army effectively responded to Indian Army’s firing, according to the ISPR.
Tensions have been high between the two nuclear-armed neighbours over the past few weeks as India continues to violate the ceasefire agreement over the LoC and injure innocent civilians.
A 13-year-old girl, identified as Iqra Shabbir, embraced martyrdom as Indian troops resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) last month.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Indian troops had initiated an unprovoked ceasefire violation in Hajipir and Bedori sectors along the LoC, targeting the civilian population.