Prime Minister Imran Khan has launched the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program for social protection, and for providing support to the needy families.
Each deserving applicant will receive Rs 12,000 each under this program. Over 12 million families will avail of the program.
The federal government has begun the registration of the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program. Prime Minister Imran Khan has introduced an SMS service on Wednesday for the needy families.
Who can apply?
As per the instructions, one person from one deserving family can apply for the Ehsaas program. However, these people are not eligible to apply for the program.
- Those who do not own a valid CNIC
- Those having abroad travel history
- Those who own a property
- Have utility bills more than Rs 10,000
- Own a passport, or have applied for one and their spouses
- Those who are already registered to any other relief scheme under the federal government
- Current or former government (provincial or federal) employees and their spouses
- Those who submit mobile bills equal to or more than Rs 1,000.
- Three or more family members have got their CNIC with executive fees.
How to apply for the Ehsaas Program?
- Type CNIC number in the message bar and send the SMS to 8171.
- If your CNIC is valid, you will be able to proceed for the next step. If the CNIC is invalid, you will get the message, “Your CNIC number is not eligible for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program.”
- If the applicant is blocked because of sanity profiling, he will get a notification. Otherwise, the application will proceed.
Once you send the CNIC number, you will get one of the following messages as per the criteria.
- You have been registered
- Contact the administration
- You do not deserve this program.
Contact your village Council Secretary or Tehsil office (AC office) if you get a contact message from the administration. After that, check the online link.
How to apply online?
The #Ehsaas Emergency Cash application web-portal is now open to check eligibility. Those that are being asked to contact District Administration (through SMS) will now also be able to register here without visiting the office: https://t.co/hMTxdPJiD2 pic.twitter.com/CLoVzcCZkB
— Sania Nishtar (@SaniaNishtar) April 3, 2020
- Visit the online portal of NADRA to check the details and eligibility for the Ehsaas program. Open the link Online Portal / آن لائن پورٹل.
- Type your CNIC on the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Online Registration web-portal to see the eligibility criteria.
- In the next step, enter the CNIC number at the Ehsaas emergency Cash Program application if the CNIC is not already mentioned. After that, enter your phone number and select the mobile network you are using. After that, enter the code given in the image and click on submit to proceed for the next step.
- In the last step, enter your home address and verify all the details you have entered before. Accept the terms and conditions and submit your application.
Your online application has been submitted. You now need to wait for the response.