Foreign Minister Pakistan Shah Mahmood Qureshi has reiterated that the Kashmir dispute cannot be solved by the use of force.
According to the details, he said the strategy of India, which has been using force against the Kashmiri people for the past seven decades, has totally failed.
The Foreign Minister said India tried to use force to muzzle the voice of the Kashmiris through draconian laws and restrictions.
There is no precedent of the atrocities that have been committed in Indian illegally occupied Kashmir since August 5 last year.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi made it clear that India cannot succeed in resolving the dispute by these atrocities.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the Kashmiri people bury their martyrs in Pakistan’s national flag, which proves that they have not accepted Indian steps.
The Foreign Minister recalled his recent bilateral meetings on the sidelines of the ECO meeting, during which he drew the attention of the world towards the unresolved Kashmir issue.
He said Prime Minister Imran Khan will talk on the Kashmir issue during his address in the upcoming session of the UN General Assembly.
The Foreign Minister termed success on the Reko Diq issue as a big success and major relief to the country’s economy, which was under pressure due to COVID-19.
It should be noted that earlier today Chairman China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) Authority Lieutenant General retired Asim Saleem Bajwa has said that the stay order by the World Bank tribunal on the $ 6 bn awards against Pakistan is a great relief.
Taking to his official twitter handle, Chairman CPEC Lieutenant General retired Asim Saleem Bajwa said:
Reko Diq:Stay order by World Bank tribunal on $ 6 Bn award vs Pakistan is great relief.Meanwhile PM directs to fully support GOB for accelerated dev of mineral sec in a transparent manner,structured system, best tech,involve local investors,develop own HR #PakistanMovingForward
— Asim Saleem Bajwa (@AsimSBajwa) September 18, 2020
Reko Diq Case
Note that, in July 1993, the then Chief Minister of Balochistan, Nawab Zulfiqar Ali Magsi, gave the contract for the Reko Diq project to the Australian company PHP.
The project, located on 3,347,000 acres in Balochistan, was contracted for drilling only, but the Australian company had contracted with the Italian company Tethian to do more work without trusting the Balochistan government.
The Australian company had tried to sell Reko Diq’s gold and copper to Canada, Italy and Brazil through the port of Gwadar, giving Balochistan only 25 percent of its total revenue.
Later, the provincial government decided in 2010 that the provincial government would work on the project itself.
In January 2013, then-Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry annulled the Reko Diq agreement between the Balochistan government and the Australian mining company, calling it against the country’s laws.