Supreme Court Judge Justice Qazi Faez Isa and his family members have declared their assets.
According to the details, Justice Qazi Faez Isa made his assets public in light of a request by the (Women’s Action Forum) WAF, which had invoked Article 19-A of the Constitution, as well as the Right to Information (RTI) laws, to seek the information from the Supreme Court judges.
Justice Isa revealed that he owns:
- A house on 800 square yards in Phase 2 of the Defence Housing Authority, Karachi.
- He also owns 800 square yards residential open plot in Phase 2 of the Defence Housing Authority, Karachi.
- He also owns a 200 yards commercial plot in Phase 5, Defence Housing Authority, Karachi, which he bought when he was practicing law.
- Half-share in a plot situated in Ziarat, Balochistan, next to the Quaid’s Residency.
- A house measured one Kanal in Block B, Phase I, Defence Housing Authority, Lahore.
- An account worth Rs41.4 million and foreign currency accounts worth Rs 4.1 million in Pak rupees.
- three vehicles — Honda Accord, Honda Civic and Mini Jeep.
Income and tax
Justice Isa received a sum of Rs54.34 million in the account of salaries from 2018 to 2020 and paid Rs6.7 million as tax.
Income for the year 2018 was Rs15.11 million, Rs17.145 million for 2019, and Rs21.237 million for the fiscal year 2020.
He paid Rs2.2 million as tax in 2018, Rs1.8 million in 2019 and Rs2.3 million in 2020.
Perks and privileges
He declared that had an official residence in Islamabad, two servants, one cook, part-time gardener and cleaners, Honda Civic 2017 model and 2015 model with up to 600 liters of petrol and free medical treatment at approved hospitals.
The retired judge also gets 300 free local calls, 2,000 units of electricity, 25HM of gas, water and 300 liters of petrol per month and 20 per cent medical allowance.
Justice Isa mentioned that his wife, Sarina Isa, is not his dependent and files her own income tax returns in the United Kingdom and in Pakistan.
Sarina declared her immovable properties namely:
- 50-Coniston Court in London, 40-Oakdale Road, London and 90-Adelaide Road, London.
- She has had savings worth Rs21,650,000 in the National Savings Center, DHA Karachi.
- Sarina Isa also has had an investment worth Rs25,454,310.
- Her foreign income remained Rs4,731,076 in the tax year 2019.
- She also has had Rs25,454,310 in her foreign bank account in England and paid over Rs2.4 million as tax in the past three years.
- Her agriculture property includes 24.7-acre land at Deh Korar, Tapa Zangipur, Jacobabad.
- She also showed another piece of land of 148.21 acres in Jacobabad.
The agriculture land was also shown in Dera Murad Jamali, commercial and industrial land in Shah Latif Town in Karachi and Clifton.
Regarding her daughter, Sarina Isa revealed that she paid over Rs2 million as tax in the past three years where she had an income of around Rs16 million during this period. She said her son lives in London and he told her that he is a tax compliant with UK tax laws.