The Opposition will hold its political power show in Gujranwala today against the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf regime, top leaders are scheduled to address the public gathering.
According to the details, Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) chief Maulana Fazl will lead the Jameeat e Ulma e Islam (JUI-F) caravan from Lahore’s Jamia Ashrafia to Gujranwala while the workers and supporters of the party have been directed to reach the rally venue directly.
JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman, Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz Vice President Maryam Nawaz, and Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will address the gathering.
Maryam Nawaz will reach Thokar Niaz Beg from Jati Umra and proceed to Babu Sabu Interchange through Multan Road. Then she will reach Shahdara Mor through Ring Road to take the GT Road to attend PDM Jalsa.
COVID-19 SOPs during Jalsa
- Gujranwala District Administration and PDM reached a 28-point agreement on how the opposition’s public gathering will be held.
- The agreement states that:
- All coronavirus SOPs will be strictly implemented throughout the gathering,
- Attendees will not enter the venue without masks and sanitizers.
- The organizers will also have to install walk-through gates and sanitizers at the entrance and exit gates of the venue.
- Cars will be allowed to be parked at a distance from the venue of the gathering.
- The PDM will arrange lighting at the venue and ensure there is no display of weaponry or fireworks at the venue.
- The seating arrangements will have to be such that there is a 3-6 feet distance between the attendees at all times.
Strict Action against Violation
In case of the violation of the agreement, the district administration will be entitled to take appropriate action and register cases against the PDM leaders. According to CPO Gujranwala Sarfraz Falaki, implementation of Corona SOPs will be ensured in all cases and strict action will be taken against those violating the law.
PDM leadership has been asked to ensure the implementation of SOPs during the gathering. The district administration has made it mandatory for attendees to implement Corona SOPs. No speech will be made in the gathering against national security agencies and the constitution.
PDM Jalsa Timings
Timings for the public gathering permitted by Gujranwala District Administration are 3:00 pm till 12: 00 am.
- People coming from Lahore have to park their vehicles in Satelite town.
- The participants of the public gathering will reach the Jalsagah via Kacheri road walking.
- Participants coming via GT Road have been directed to park their vehicles at the Government Higher Secondary School ground and reach the Jalsagah via Nandipur Adda.
- People coming from Sialkot will park their vehicles at the Dastagir Chowk ground
- Participants coming to the PDM public gathering from Wazirabad have been asked to leave their vehicles at the General Bus Stand parking.
Meanwhile, the government has reiterated that it will not create any hurdles for the PDM Jalsa as long as the rally is peaceful and abides by the law.