The Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) is holding a public gathering in Gujranwala today. In this regard, the Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz has revealed what route will party Vice President Maryam Nawaz will take to reach the Jalsa.
Vice-President Maryam Nawaz would lead a party rally from her Jati Umra residence in Lahore and reach Gujranwala with her supporters.
PML-N spokesperson Marriyum Aurangzeb said the PML-N leader would depart at 1:30 pm.
According to PML-N,
- Maryam Nawaz will reach Thokar Niaz Beg from Jati Umra.
- She will then proceed to Babu Sabu Interchange through Multan Road.
- Then she will reach Shahdara Mor through Ring Road to take the GT Road to attend PDM Jalsa.
- People coming from Lahore have to park their vehicles in Satelite town.
- The participants of the public gathering will reach the Jalsagah via Kacheri road walking.
- Participants coming via GT Road have been directed to park their vehicles at the Government Higher Secondary School ground and reach the Jalsagah via Nandipur Adda.
- People coming from Sialkot will park their vehicles at the Dastagir Chowk ground
- Participants coming to the PDM public gathering from Wazirabad have been asked to leave their vehicles at the General Bus Stand parking.
The rally is being spearheaded by the main opposition party, the PML-N, which has vowed to hold the gathering no matter “how hard the government pushes to stop it”.
Over 2,000 policemen and officers will be deployed at the Jinnah Stadium for security. Health-protocols related to Coronavirus will be ensured in the public gathering.
Gujranwala district administration on Wednesday had granted permission to the opposition alliance to hold a rally at Jinnah Stadium in the city on October 16.