On Wednesday, standard operating procedures (SOPs) were issued by the Punjab Primary and Secondary Healthcare Department for public rallies and other gatherings in the province.
Punjab health department issued a notification in this regard and said that the government has allowed public rallies, cultural festivals, exhibitions, seminars, political movements, rallies, and public processions after looking at the corona situation in the area.
The following are the SOPs for rallies and other gatherings.
- No such public gathering should be allowed in the district if the Covid-19 positivity rate is above 5 percent.
- The venue should be selected on the basis of space required i.e. 6/feet person.
- The indoor venue should be well lit and ventilated
- Venue for very high to medium risk gathering should be communicated to the district government
- Senior citizens, children, and persons with chronic ailments should be discouraged to participate in the gathering
- A person with symptoms like flu, fever, cough, etc. should not be allowed to enter the rally.
- Ensure the provision of hand hygiene facilities
- Participants shall avoid handshaking, hugging, touching eyes, face.
- Use of face mask shall be mandatory for all participants
- Ensure mask is properly worn by participants
- All entrants should be scanned with a thermal scanner to note body temperature and other Covid-19 symptoms
- Covid-19 SOPs precautions banners should be displayed at the gathering venue
- According to a notification, district administration and district health authority has been directed to closely monitor the implementation of SOPs.
It should be mentioned here that the district administration and district health authorities have been directed to supervise the implementation of SOPs.