Federal Government has decided to privatize Pakistan Television (PTV).
As per the details, the privatization of PTV has been approved by the Cabinet Committee for State-owned Enterprises.
However, Federal Information Minister Shibli Faraz has denied the news, saying there is no plan of privatizing the state-owned channel.
Initially, there were 18 institutions on the government privatization program’s list. But more names were added, including the PTV’s.
Although the committee has approved the step, the cabinet’s approval for PTV to be privatized is still required.
According to sources, the committee has asked PTV for information on its assets and liabilities. Some of the information required includes:
- Regulatory and legal framework
- Governance/management structure
- Market share
- Financial structure including net equity
- Latest audited financial statement
- Profit and loss statement for the last five years
- Non-performing loans/receivables for this year
- Liabilities as of June 2020