The federal cabinet in its meeting today expected to discuss the extension in the powers of Auditor Generals. The bill will be presented in the cabinet today.
According to the details, Prime Minister Imran Khan will chair the meeting in Islamabad.
The cabinet will discuss:
- The in-principle approval of the federal cabinet to proceed further as per law/rules for submitting a bill legislation titled The Auditor General (functions, powers and terms, and condition of service) Act, 2020 and repeal of the Auditor General’s (Functions, power, and terms and conditions of service) Ordinance, 2001 in order to remove ambiguities and hindrances for ensuring transparency and accountability through the independence of audit as well as the effective functioning of the Department of Auditor General of Pakistan in the light of international best practices.
Moreover, the cabinet will discuss:
- Presentation by the Economic Affairs Division on details of foreign funds, other than the loans and their utilization.
The cabinet will also discuss:
- Election of National Council for Tibb (NCT) and appointment of an administrator for the post of DG Hydrocarbon Development Institute Pakistan (HDIP).
The federal cabinet will also discuss:
- The Constitution of Board of Governors of Pakistan Council for Science and Technology,
- Ratification of the decisions taken by the Cabinet Committee on Institutional Reforms in its meeting held on 17-12-2020,
- The decisions taken by the Cabinet Committee on Institutional Reforms in its meeting held on 23-12-2020,
- The decisions taken by the Cabinet Committee on Privatization in its meeting held on 04-01-2021,
- The decisions taken by the Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet in its meeting held on 06-01-2021 and any other item with the permission of the prime minister.