The novel coronavirus has claimed 46 more lives in Pakistan in the past 24 hours, bringing the national death tally to 11,560.
According to the latest figures by National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) 1,644 more infections were reported in a single day soaring the confirmed cases to 541,031.
As many as 2,167 recoveries were reported during this period taking the recovery toll to 496,745.
The Active cases toll now stands at 32,726. Whereas the positivity Ratio is 3.7%.
The NCOC has released an 8-step procedure for everyone
Here’s how you will get the vaccine:
- Send your CNIC number to the Sehat Tahaffuz helpline 1166 through SMS or the NIMS website.
- The system will verify your address and confirm registration and you will be sent details of your designated Adult Vaccine Centre (AVC) along with a unique PIN code. If the designated AVC is outside your current tehsil, you can change it through the NIMS web portal or by calling 1166 helpline within five days of receiving the first SMS.
- Once the vaccine arrives at your centre, you will be contacted for an appointment for vaccination.
- After confirmation and registration, take your original CNIC and PIN code to the centre on the appointed day.
- Staff at the vaccination centre will verify your CNIC and PIN code.
- After verification, you will receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccine staff will enter your details in NIMS and a confirmation message will be sent to you through SMS.
- You will have to remain at the AVC for 30 minutes for post-inoculation monitoring for any adverse effects.
A dashboard will be created in real-time to update government health departments at the district, provincial and federal levels. Moreover, the Ministry of National Health Services announced that the COVID vaccination drive has not started yet. Citizens will be vaccinated in phases, starting with frontline healthcare workers. All eligible citizens (as per phases) will be requested to register once the vaccination process starts.