Karachi Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) on Saturday reserved its verdict in three more cases against Lyari gang war Kingpin Uzair Baloch.
According to the details, the reserved verdict is likely to be announced on February 18. The cases are related to the attack on Police using explosive material.
The Sessions court in Karachi last month acquitted Uzair Baloch in the kidnapping and murder case of a citizen for want of evidence.
During the case hearing, defence lawyer said that no eyewitness appeared before the court, while the prosecution was silent over the culprits involved in the murder.
The lawyer said before the court that the police found the dead body and didn’t identify the murdered person.
Lawyer of Uzair Baloch said that the murder ensued in Kalri area on March 13, 2013, while the case was registered on March 17.
“Police nominated my client in the case on political grounds, who didn’t commit it,” the counsel said.
“My client was nominated in a murder case over the statement of a police official, who was not present at the crime scene,” the lawyer further said.
Uzair Baloch is facing more than 52 cases and so far acquitted in over five cases by the court. He has been accused of committing 198 murders during the Lyari gang war. Baloch had been arrested by the Rangers on January 30, 2016.
Back in April 2017, his custody was handed over to the Pakistan Army after he was accused of espionage. The Army handed him over to the police on April 6, 2020, after three years.