The Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has banned the use of mobile phones in the public and private hospitals of the province.
According to the notification issued by the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Department use of mobile phones has been banned in the premises of public and private hospitals.
The notification stated that, “The Competent Authority has been pleased to impose ban on carrying of cellular phones/cameras and other electronic gadgets used for recording voice and picture/video in the premises of Labour Room, Gynae Ward and Gynae OT in all public & private sector Hospitals’ of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with immediate effect.”
The health department further said it has put in place an independent monitoring unit to ensure that the directions are implemented in letter and spirit. It further warned that disciplinary action will be taken against those found violating the orders.
The copy of the notification was also forwarded to:
- Director General, Health Services, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Alt Hospital Directors (MTis), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- All DHOs and MSs in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,
- PS to Minister for Health, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- PS to Secretary Health, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- PS to Spl Secretary (E&A), Health Department.
- PS to Sp! Secretary (B&D), Health Department. )
- PA to Addi: Secretary (Estab). Health Department.
- PA to Adal: Secretary (Dev), Health Department.
- PA to Deputy Secretary (Admin), Heath Department
According to the statistics, Pakistan has about 76.38 million internet users, making it the 10th-largest population of internet users in the world.