The Balochistan government has banned inter-provincial transport till April 25 to curb the spread of Coronavirus. The ban will be applicable only two days a week.
According to details, a notification has been issued by the Home and Tribal Affairs Department of Balochistan regarding the decision to close inter-provincial transport on Saturday and Sunday.
The notification stated that the ban will not apply to those traveling in freight vehicles, medical and emergency.
A notification issued by the Balochistan Home and Tribal Affairs Department has also ordered the closure of marriage halls till April 20.
Earlier on Monday, Saeed Ghani, the Sindh Education Minister said in a statement that inter-provincial transport ranging from air to railways from Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa should be banned.
He said in a press conference, “The coronavirus situation is better in Sindh as compared to Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa but the situation can rapidly change if people continue to come from other provinces to Sindh.”
While speaking about the closing of primary and middle schools in the province, Saeed Ghani said that they have temporarily been closed as a preventive measure to save kids from getting exposed to strains of the Coronavirus.
Due to an increasing number of cases in the country amid the third wave, National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) have imposed a ban on inter-provincial transport on the weekends, which will be put into practice from 10th April. According to the statement issued on Sunday, the suspension should end on 25th April.
The NCOC additionally stated that medical and other emergency services, goods, and freight will still be transported, and the railway will operate with a 70% occupancy rate, seven days a week.