COVID-19: KU suspends physical classes, exams till 17th May
The University of Karachi (KU) has suspended on campus classes till 17th May in wake of the ongoing wave of the novel coronavirus.
According to the details, a notification has also been issued in this regard.
As per the notification:
- The in-person / on-campus classes and labs are suspended till 17′ May, 2021. However online classes will be held as per time table.
- All examinations are suspended till further orders.
- Dr. Mahmud Husain Library including all Departmental Seminar Libraries will remain closed for students, however limited staff will be available for necessary official services.
- Office timings shall be from 09:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) & 09:00 a.m. to 01:00 p.m. (Friday) for morning staff and 02:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m. for evening staff.
- All Para Medical Staff / Ambulance Drivers / Engineering Technical Staff / Security Guards / Sanitary Workers / Malis and other technical staff engaged in essential services shall perform their duties as usual.
- General Public and Students are advised to avoid visiting the University Offices / Departments.
- The Essential public dealing would be allowed at Silver Jubilee Gate counters with the strict compliance of SOP’s of Covid-19.
- In the teaching departments, the Dean’s of faculties will make a schedule for different departments of their faculty to open twice a week on rotational basis.
- In the administrative departments, the Sectional Heads are authorized to call the essential staff as per requirement of the Section.
Lahore sees 300% increase in reporting of sexual assault cases
The provincial capital has recently observed an upsurge of up to 300%...
Pakistan to stay in European Union’s GSP list
Pakistan to maintain the Generalized Preferential System Plus (GSP-Plus) status in European...
Prime Minister: Roads play most important role in economic development
Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that roads play an important role...
Chairman FBR: Revenue increased by 41% over the prior financial year
The chairman of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has told the...
K-Electric has demanded to increase the price of electricity per unit
K Electric, a private power distributor in Karachi, has demanded an increase...