Fruits And Veggies That Protect The Body From Dehydration In Ramadan
The blessed month of Ramadan has begun and the heatwave is continuing in most parts of the country.
In this weather condition, fasting increases the risk of dehydration, which is why it is important to include things in the diet that can prevent dehydration.
In this article, we will tell you about some fruits and vegetables that can be part of the diet in Ramadan to keep the body hydrated.
Summer fruit watermelon is not only good in taste but also provides nutrition to the body in many ways. It contains 92% water which gives proper hydration to the body.
In addition, watermelon contains many nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, potassium and magnesium that can easily make up for the lack of water in the fruit.
Bottle gourd contains up to 90% water and the remaining 10% fibre. Also, It does not contain carbohydrates at all, so it can be included in the diet during fasting.
Bottle gourd contains many types of proteins, vitamins and salts. It also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium and Zinc. You can also eat pumpkin as a juice or pudding.
Papaya is a summer fruit that is easily available in the markets of Sindh. This fruit is easy to eat and delicious while it also removes dehydration from the body.
Papaya contains vitamins A, C and B, calcium, iron and phosphorus.
Bananas are considered to be very good for hydration as they contain 74% water.
Bananas are rich in potassium and fibre which helps in strengthening the immune system as well as keeping you healthy during fasting.
The same properties are found in raw bananas which are also made into curry in some areas.
Mushaal Hussein Mullick appreciates Pakistan’s PM
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan: Mushaal Hussein Mullick, the Chairperson of Peace and Culture Organization,...
Bilawal urges Raja Pervaiz Ashraf to win back province after defeat in cantt polls
LAHORE: The newly-appointed PPP Punjab president, Raja Pervaiz Ashraf, is not dismayed...
Appointment of retired officer in DUHS challenged in SHC
Appointment of retired officers in Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) along...
How fifth generation warfare cancelled cricket tours
KARACHI: Following in New Zealand’s footsteps, the England and Wales cricket team...
Pakistan's water-sharing problems continue as provinces remain at odds
Despite having one of the world's greatest irrigation systems, river water disputes...