A fire broke out in the Rawalpindi Urdu Bazar on Thursday, inflicting heavy losses on traders.
According to the initial reports, multiple shops and houses burnt in the fire that sent thick clouds of smoke in the area and made breathing difficult.
Officials said that the fire broke out due to a short circuit. However, the rescue teams are busy putting out the fire.
Moving scenes were witnessed when owners helplessly watched their shops reducing to ashes.
Desperate, some small shopkeepers put their lives at risk and entered the building in flames to secure their goods.
Some succeeded while others returned empty-handed.
Several videos of the incident also surfaced on social media, witnessing the chaotic situations. No loss of life has been reported yet.