The National Command and Operation Centre (NCOC) on Wednesday issued new standard operating procedures (SOPs) to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus during Ramadan.
According to the details, a special meeting of NCOC was chaired for this by Asad Umar. According to a declaration issued by the NCOC, it was decided to implement broader lockdowns, with stringent enforcement protocols where no mobility will be allowed except in emergency situations.
As per new SOPs:
- Saturday and Sunday will be observed as closed days at national level (safe days will be reworded pronounced as closed days).
- Market timings will be from Sehr till 6:00 pm less essential services (Groceries. medical stores and petrol pumps etc).
- All kind of gatherings (indoor and outdoor) banned to include social, cultural, political, sports and miscellaneous events.
- Closure of all type of indoor dining. Outdoor dining will be allowed from Iftar till midnight i.e 11:59 pm with strict COVID SOPs. Takeaways will be allowed.
- Taraveeh prayers to be organized in open spaces as far as possible. Civil administration at every tier to engage Ulemas and community leaders for assistance in enforcement of COVID SOPs during Ramadan UI Mubarak.
- Complete closure of cinemas / shrines will continue to be enforced.
- Complete ban on contact sports, festivals, cultural and other events.
- Complete closure of amusement parks, however, walking/jogging tracks will remain open with strict adherence of COVID SOPs.
- 50 % work from home policy will continue (including all public private office).
- Intercity public transport to operate at 50 % of capacity.
- Ban on inter provincial public transport on two closed days (Saturday and Sunday) will continue to be enforced till mid night 25/26 April 2021. Review will be carried out on 20th April 21.
- Stringent protocols for tourism in GB, KP and AJK and tourist places elsewhere. Sentinel testing sites at entry points / selected locations be established.