Sheikh Rasheed Hopes Court Will Hand Down Death Sentence To Zahir Jaffer

Arhama AltafWeb Editor

02nd Aug, 2021. 03:48 pm
Sheikh Rasheed Zahir Jaffer Noor Mukadam Case

Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed has on Monday said that they cannot have the Noor Mukadam case suspect killed in a police encounter.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad today, Sheikh Rasheed told that the investigation has been finished, the forensic test conducted and all evidence have been provided to the court. He hoped that the court will hand down a death sentence to Zahir Jaffer, the main accuse in Noor Mukadam murder case

He scornfully said that the “active ladies in Islamabad” and “large social media” have ruled out the possibility of an extrajudicial killing.

Replying to another question about the alleged abduction of the Afghan ambassador’s daughter, the Minister said that Kabul’s probe team will be permitted to interview 11 concerned people. He said, “Afghan envoy’s daughter is our daughter.”

Zahir Jaffer’s Polygraph, Other Test Conducted

Zahir Jaffer underwent polygraph and other tests at Punjab Forensic Science Agency (PFSA) Lahore to verify his statements and the evidence gathered in connection with the murder.

Samples taken from the body of the deceased during the post-mortem have also been sent to the agency for testing.

Jaffer Sent To Jail On 14-Day Judicial Remand

A local court in Islamabad on Monday sent Zahir Jaffer to jail on a 14-day judicial remand.

The police had produced the key suspect in court and pleaded the court to send him to jail on judicial remand.

During the course of the proceeding, Judge Shaista Kundi asked Zahir if he wanted to say something in front of the court. “My lawyers will speak,” he replied.

Noor Mukadam Murdered

The 27-year-old Noor Mukadam was murdered in the federal capital on July 20, in the city’s F-7 area, according to police.

She is the daughter of Shaukat Mukadam, who served as Pakistan’s ambassador to South Korea and Kazakhstan.

The Islamabad police arrested Zahir on the night of July 20th from his house where he killed her with a sharp instrument and beheaded her.

The accused called Noor at this residence on July 20th and told her to switch her phone off. When her parents couldn’t contact her, they started questioning her friends about her location.

When some of Noor’s friends went to Jaffer’s residence to inquire about the deceased, he denied seeing her. Upon this, Noor’s friends had a fight with Jaffer, sources told the police.

After brutally murdering Noor, the accused tried fleeing to the United States but was arrested on time.

The gruesome incident sparked a nationwide campaign seeking justice for her, with #JusticeforNoor had become a top trend on Twitter.

It should be noted that Jaffer had previously been deported from the United Kingdom on charges of assaulting a female.

Adsence 300X250