Taliban assures Pakistan not to be allowed TTP to use Afghan territory

Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

23rd Aug, 2021. 03:50 pm
Taliban assures Pakistan not to be allowed TTP to use Afghan territory

Federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed has said that the Afghan Taliban have assured that the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) will not be allowed to use Afghan territory.

Addressing a news conference in Islamabad, the Interior Minister said that Faqir Mohammad of TTP and some others have been released in Afghanistan and in this regard, the government of Pakistan is in touch with the concerned forces there.

“The time has come in Afghanistan for Pakistan to play a crucial role. We have also evacuated American citizens from there because we have a chance to win the hearts of the world,” he said.

The Interior Minister further said that Pakistan stands with the world, the aspirations and expectations of the world about Afghanistan are the same as Pakistan.

“We want peace in Afghanistan, the minister added.

“International conspiracies are being hatched against CPEC”

Sheikh Rashid further said that Pak-China Economic Corridor (CPEC) is the lifeline and stepping stone of the country’s development, against which international conspiracies are being hatched.

He said that due to the current situation in Afghanistan, CPEC has become very important and the government has promised to take CPEC forward.

He said that the army has provided security to 40 companies working in CPEC but still the incidents that took place in the last month such as Dasu bus attack, Serena Hotel attack, Fisher Colony incidents.

He pointed out that Pakistan’s opponents want to play with the lives of those who are not only friends of Pakistan but also well-wishers to create hurdles in the path of our friendship and development.

Sheikh Rashid said that in a meeting with the Chinese Ambassador yesterday, he assured him that all kinds of complete security would be provided to the Chinese citizens, on which all Pakistani institutions are working.

In response to a question, he said that some suspects of recent attacks against Chinese nationals have been arrested.

No decision has been made on Afghan refugees

“The interior ministry is increasing its capacity to issue more visas and is also bringing in people from the Torkham border.

“No decision has been made on Afghan refugees at the moment but we are facilitating those who are coming to the border. We already have 3 to 4 million Afghan refugees, there is no pressure on us at the moment,” he said.

He said that 1,270 foreigners have so far immigrated through the Chaman border, including Afghans, and 874 came to Pakistan via Torkham.

He said that the Ministry of Home Affairs was going to set up a helpline in collaboration with other ministries on the directives of the Prime Minister.

Replying to a question, he said that some countries have sought permission to park their ships in Pakistan for transport and other purposes on which we have no objection.

Sheikh Rashid said that officials and diplomats of international organizations coming from Afghanistan are being issued one-month visas. Those whose visas have expired have been given a waiver of fines till August 30.

 

Adsence 300X250