Wife of Pakistani Cricketer Shoaib Malik and Six times Grand Slam Winner Sania Mirza is celebrating her 34th birthday and wishes poured from all corners on her special day.
As she celebrates her special day, let’s take a look at five of the interesting facts about her:
- Sania first held a Tennis racquet at the age of 6
- Sania Mirza is the first woman to be appointed as the UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia
- Time magazine named her “50 heroes of Asia” in 2005.
- She is the first Indian tennis player to earn more than 1 million US dollars.
- Sania has won 3 top Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Titles of the year as she claimed 2009 Australian Open, 2012 French Open and 2014 US Open.
Sania Mirza became a mother to Izhaan on October 30th, 2018. Sania Mirza took a break from tennis in 2018 due to pregnancy and returned to action in 2020 at the Hobart International in Brisbane where she partnered with Nadiia Kichenok and clinched the title.