All-rounder Shadab Khan named as captain of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2020 team of the tournament, announced today by the four-member independent committee.
The independent committee, today, has announced a 12-member team including Shadab Khan and other six players from Lahore Qalandars, three from Karachi Kings and one each from Quetta Gladiators, Peshawar Zalmi and Islamabad United.
According to the details, the team has four foreign players and one emerging category player.
Moreover, Babar Azam and Chris Lynn named openers while Alex Hales, Haider Ali, Mohammad Hafeez named middle-order batsmen.
Ben Dunk will serve as the wicket-keeper while Shadab is placed at six as captain of the side. All-rounder David Wiese is at 8th while Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain, Shaheen Shah Afridi are pacers, placed at 9th, 10th and 11th respectively.
Qalandars opening batsman Fakhar Zaman is named as the 12th member of the side.
PSL 2020 Team Of The Tournament Players
- Babar Azam (Karachi Kings)
- Chris Lynn (Lahore Qalandars)
- Alex Hales (Karachi Kings)
- Haider Ali (Peshawar Zalmi)
- Mohammad Hafeez (Lahore Qalandars)
- Shadab Khan (captain, Islamabad United)
- Ben Dunk (wicketkeeper, Lahore Qalandars)
- David Wiese (Lahore Qalandars)
- Mohammad Amir (Karachi Kings)
- Shaheen Shah Afridi (Lahore Qalandars)
- Mohammad Hasnain (Quetta Gladiators)
- Fakhar Zaman (12th, Lahore Qalandars)
🥁 HBLPSLV TEAM OF THE TOURNAMENT
— PakistanSuperLeague (@thePSLt20) November 18, 2020
Shadab Khan feeling honoured:
After receiving the captaincy honour, Shadab Khan expressed his feelings as, “I feel honored to have appointed captain of Team of the HBL PSL 2020, which includes some fine performers from one of the most successful events. However, it hurts that we were unable to make it to the playoffs. We gave our best shot, which was clearly not enough, and means we have to come harder and stronger when the sixth edition is played next year.”