Two Pakistani cricketers chosen for ICC Awards of the Decade

Fahad PervezWeb Editor

26th Nov, 2020. 06:45 pm
Two Pakistani cricketers chosen for ICC Awards of the Decade

Two Pakistani cricket players chosen with former captain Misbah-ul-Haq and leg spinner Yasir Shah have been selected for ICC Awards of the Decade announced on Wednesday.

The International Cricket Council (ICC), in a media release, set out a special edition of ICC Awards of the Decade to celebrate and reward the top performances in the earlier ten years by both men and women in the game of cricket.

ICC has stated a list of 10 award classes for the event with 67 player’s selection. Only two Pakistani players were listed down with Misbah nominated for ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade and Yasir Shah named in ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Decade.

No player from Pakistan women cricket side was selected for any category.

Fans’ voice will be heard in selecting the winners across multiple categories. The fan vote will make up 10% of the voting, while votes from an expert panel will make up the remaining 90%.

Though, for the ICC Spirit of Cricket Award of the Decade, fans will provide 100% of the vote, choosing from a list of the past winners since 2011. Fan voting inaugurated on Nov 25 and will go on till December 16.

Award winners will be publicized next month in a special ICC Awards of the Decade digital show which will be broadcasted on the ICC digital channels.

Adsense 300 x 250