Defending champion Novak Djokovic withdraws from Cincinnati Open
World number one Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from the from the Western & Southern Open as well as ATP Masters 1000 event.
The 34-year-old confirmed the development on his official Twitter on Monday.
“Dear fans, I wanted to share with you that I am taking a bit longer to recover and recuperate after quite a taxing journey from Australia to Tokyo. Sadly, that means I won’t be ready to compete in Cincinnati this year, so I’ll turn my focus and attention to the US Open and spend some more time with family,” Djokovic wrote.
— Novak Djokovic (@DjokerNole) August 9, 2021
Djokovic is in line to become the first man since Rod Laver in 1969 to complete a calendar-year of Grand Slam twice in his career.
Earlier this year, the Serbian tennis star levelled Swiss maestro Roger Federer and the Spanish tennis great Rafael Nadal’s 20 Grand Slam titles record after clinching Wimbledon.
However, he failed at the Tokyo Olympics where he suffered a surprised defeat in the semifinals.
National T20 Cup 2021 Live Score: Sindh vs Northern Punjab Live - Match 6
National t20 Cup 2021 Live Score - Sindh faces Northern Punjab in...
'No more neutral venues left for us' says PCB Official
PCB official said, "That is now out of the equation because the...
What happens when Pakistan hit rock bottom
Pakistan cricket fans were excited to witness the full-fledged return of international...
Atherton, Khawaja question England’s move to cancel Pakistan tour
Former England opening batter and now renowned commentator Mike Atherton has lambasted...
UFC'S Jon Jones Arrested Again for Domestic Violence
UFC star Jon Jones arrested again early Friday morning in Las Vegas...