Anthony Joshua ready to fight against Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia

Anthony Joshua ready to fight against Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia

Anthony Joshua ready to fight against Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia

Anthony Joshua (L) and Oleksandr Usyk (R) – Google

Advertisement
  • Joshua signs a deal to fight with Usyk later this year.
  • The paperwork has been completed: Joshua’s manager.
  • The rematch was supposed to be held on July 23.
Advertisement

Anthony Joshua has signed a deal to face Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia in August, with an official announcement anticipated next week.

Usyk defeated Joshua on points to win the WBA (Super), WBO, and IBF championships last year, but the rematch has been delayed for months.

Read more: UFC star Tom Aspinall recommends rules to make hybrid session ‘even’

Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s manager, has said that the paperwork has been finalized.

“This fight is on and you will get an official announcement early next week,” Hearn told 5 Live.

Usyk’s return to Ukraine following Russia’s invasion of the country contributed to the delays, but broadcast deals were also a factor, with suggestions that Joshua could transfer from Sky Sports to DAZN.

Advertisement

The rematch was originally slated for July 23, but according to Usyk’s promoter Oleksandr Krasyuk, they should now prepare for August 20.

Read more: Tyson Fury has stated that he will not U-turn to boxing

“[AJ] understands that in a fight of this magnitude, things do take time. It’s taken time but we’re in a great place. He’s been training throughout, so has Oleksandr Usyk,” Hearn said of the delay.

“AJ is more confident than I’ve ever seen him going into a fight. We believe he’s going to win the fight.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Read More News On

Catch all the Boxing News, Saudi Arabia News, Sports News, Breaking News Event and Latest News Updates on The BOL News


Download The BOL News App to get the Daily News Update & Follow us on Google News.


End of Article

Next Story