Personal data is one of the most significant items for most people in this modern world. And it’s also one of the cheapest things that you can buy from different unethical sellers online in bulk who have obtained all of this data in any way necessary.
According to a Financial Times article, general information like the name, age, gender, and location of a combined person is priced at $0,0005 per person or $0.50 per 1,000 people. The data prices are as high as $0.26 per person for data such as specific health conditions or some prescriptions.
According to the report, most of the data of the people is worth under $1 per person. Because of which when you consider how much a corporation can collect your data and manipulate you to either buy a product, vote for a candidate, and more, it’s very frightening. Many people would want to keep as little trace of their lives and interests online as possible with this knowledge.
Let’s find out how you can request, download, and view all the data WhatsApp has gathered since you joined the platform.
How To Request WhatsApp Data Report?
* Update the WhatsApp app to its latest version for the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
* Open WhatsApp and head over to its settings panel.
* Open the ‘Account’ tab.
* Tap on the ‘Request account info’ option.
* Tap the ‘Request’ button.
How To Download The Generated Report?
* Open WhatsApp and head over to the Settings panel.
* Inside of the Settings Panel, tap on the Account option.
* Once again tap on the Request account info option.
* Now you will see that your report has been generated.
* Tap on download the report button.
* A zip file with your report will be downloaded to your phone.
* Extract the report and check on what all data does WhatsApp have on you.