HYDERABAD: Police in Sindh’s Ghotki district have registered a First Information Report (FIR) against five suspects over gang rape of a teenage girl, more than two weeks after the incident was said to have occurred.
The law states that if a rape is carried out by two or more individuals acting together with a shared intention, each of them can be punished with either death or life imprisonment.
The complainant said in the FIR that the incident occurred on May 3 while he, his wife, and daughter were working in a landlord’s fields.
Victim’s father said to the police that his daughter had been working at some distance , when he later heard her cries coming from the landlord’s dera.
The FIR states that the landowner was there with four other men. The complainant named three of them, while the fourth, who was armed, was not identified. According to the complainant, the landowner and another suspect ordered one of their workers to take-off the girl’s clothes.
The FIR quotes the complainant as saying: “My wife and daughter were pleading, but the armed man held them at gunpoint”.
The complainant claimed the suspects then stripped and gang-raped his daughter. He further stated in the FIR that the suspects intimidated them to kill him and his family if they reported the matter to police.
Police action and activist’s account that this case was registered after police inquiry said there was no truth to the gang rape allegation.
Women’s rights activist Ayesha Dharejo, head of the Sindh Suhai Organisation, said the FIR was registered after she contacted the Sindh Inspector General of Police.
On Monday, the girl and her parents addressed a press conference in Sukkur, where they accused the landowner and his associates of gang rape.












