On Sunday, a US judge stopped the government’s ban on Chinese app WeChat downloads, hours before the app was due to be blocked in the United States of America.
According to the details, the Trump administration had ordered the ban of two Chinese apps, TikTok and WeChat.
A California court ruling said it had given permission for the “motion for a nationwide injunction against the implementation” of the government order, with the judge summoning concerns over the freedom of speech.
According to the experts, the ban of WeChat would have made difficulties for the people of the United States who use the app to talk to their friends and family.
WeChat has around 19 million active users in the United States.
Mr. Trump said on Saturday that the deal would make sure the data of the estimated 100 million Americans who use the app was safe, telling reporters: “The security will be 100%.”
“I have given the deal my blessing,” Mr. Trump said as he left the White House ahead of an election rally in North Carolina. “I approve the deal in concept.”
TikTok’s owner company ByteDance has not commented on the proposed deal yet.
The United States (US) government had earlier announced a series of shutdowns on Chinese applications WeChat and TikTok.
Initially, in August this year, two different executive orders were issued to shut down WeChat and TikTok.
Donald Trump’s orders suggested that TikTok sell its US shares to a US company within 45 days, otherwise, it would be shut down.
Similarly, WeChat was told to sell its US assets to a US technology company within 45 days, otherwise, it would be shut down.