US China trade deal is over

Syed Umarullah HussainiWeb Editor

23rd Jun, 2020. 10:12 am
US

Relations between the United States and China have been to the lowest since the novel coronavirus outbreak in the world, for which the US blames Beijing for its spread.

This has made a high impact on the US-China trade deal. However, a recent statement by a US top Official has drawn more concerns.

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro in his recent statement has said that the trade deal with China is “over,”.

Peter Navarro linked the breakdown in part to Washington’s anger over Beijing’s not sounding the alarm earlier about the coronavirus outbreak.

Navarro in an interview said the “turning point” came when the United States determined about the spreading coronavirus only after a Chinese delegation had left Washington following the signing of the Phase 1 deal on Jan. 15.

Peter Navarro said “It was at a time when they had already sent hundreds of thousands of people to this country to spread that virus, and it was just minutes after wheels up when that plane took off that we began to hear about this pandemic,” .

Donald Trump administration repeatedly has blamed Beijing for not being transparent about the outbreak.

Let it be known that Donald Trump recently threatened to cut ties with China, a day after his top diplomats held talks with Beijing and his trade representative said he did not consider decoupling the US and Chinese economies a viable option.

Adsence 300X250