Adsense 970×250
300×250

Saudi Arabia restores oil production after Aramco attack: Saudi energy minister


Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

04th Oct, 2019. 11:15 am
Adsense 300×600
Saudi Arabia energy minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman
Adsense 300×250

Saudi Arabia energy minister Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman said on Thursday that Saudi Arabia has fully restored oil output after attacks on its facilities last month and is now focused on the listing of state oil giant Saudi Aramco.

While addressing a press conference in Moscow he said “We all rose to the challenge.”

He further stated “The kingdom’s crude oil production capacity is now 11.3 million barrels per day, the attacks, which halved the crude output of the world’s top exporter, were an attempt to ruin Saudi Arabia’s reputation as “a reliable, secure and dependable oil supplier”.

The Prince said “We have stabilized production capacity, we are at 11.3 (million bpd). We still have the kit and the tools to overcome any future challenges.”

While answering the question he said “As far as I am concerned… we moved on, we flipped the page and (are) rising up to the new challenge.”

On September 14 Drone attacks have set Saudi Arabia’s two major oil facilities of Aramco on fire.

First drone hit Abqaiq, site of Aramco’s largest oil processing plant, while a second drone attack started fires in the Khurais oilfield.

Security teams have controlled the fire, which caused massive loss.

Drone attacks have been verified by the interior ministry of Saudi Arabia.

The US and Saudi Arabia have said that they believe the attack was carried out by Iran, and not by Houthi rebels.

However, Iran has denied involvement in the attack.

Responsibility was claimed by Yemen’s Houthis rebels who are battling with Saudi Arabia in Yemen.

Adsense 300×250