Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Dubai Police saved a suicidal after his post on Facebook group

Atta Ur Rehman KhanWeb Editor & Columnist

22nd Jan, 2020. 10:03 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
dubai police

Dubai: Police saved the suicide survivor on today after a Chris Haill attempt a suicide.

According to the details, British expat Chris Haill shared something on Facebook group called British Dads Dubai.

‘British Dads Dubai’ Facebook group that sparked panic among its members at about 8pm on January 2.

Hundreds left messages of concern in the thread below the post written by British expat Chris Haill to ask after the 53-year-old’s wellbeing and whereabouts, and some members even went out in their cars to try and find him.

Luckily one of the members Vik Vithlani had Chris’ number and had been the last person to speak to him earlier that afternoon, confirming that the Londoner had seemed in a bad state of mind.

No longer answering his calls, it was then that members suggested Vik should report their concern to police and pass Chris’ number on to the authorities.

Police sources told to Gulf News that the Englishman’s life as at 1.40 am police successfully traced his phone to a villa and gained entry through a balcony using a ladder to discover Chris hanging by a belt behind the bathroom door where just in time they were able to get him down and begin resuscitation.

Dubai rape case solved after eight years, thanks to DNA test

Earlier in December, Dubai Police finally have solved the mystery after 8 years. According to the details, the police has solved the rape case which was registered in 2011.

The rapist has been identified by using advanced Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) technology, officials said on Thursday.

The incident was reported eight years go to Refaa Police Station, after an unknown man raped an Arabic woman. The case had remained open and unsolved since due to a lack of evidence and proofs.

Major-General Khalil Ebrahim Al Mansouri, Assistant Commander-in-Chief for Criminal Investigation Affairs, said, “Despite the case happening eight years ago, we didn’t close the case or stop searching for the suspect.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news