Armenia said that it was ready to work with International mediators for a ceasefire with Azerbaijan. But both countries clashed over the disputed region on the sixth day.
Both countries fiercely clashed over the breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh region.
The Armenian foreign ministry said in a statement on Friday that Armenia “stands ready” to engage with France, Russia, and the United States, who co-chair the OSCE group of mediators to the conflict, “to re-establish a ceasefire regime”.
However, “this aggression against Nagorno-Karabakh will continue to receive our strong and resolute response,” the statement added.
The move came as Armenian officials in the breakaway Nagorno-Karabakh region reported 54 more casualties among Armenian-backed forces. A total of 158 soldiers have been killed so far.
On the other hand, Azerbaijan said 19 civilians have been killed in Armenian shelling.
On the contrary, Turkey’s foreign minister said that Armenia must withdraw its forces for Azerbaijan to agree to a ceasefire.
Mevlut Cavusoglu while speaking at a joint news conference with his Italian counterpart Luigi Di Maio, “encourages Armenia to attack and illegally settle Armenian people to territories of another country”.
“If the international community wants to do something about Upper Karabakh, they should get Armenia to leave Azerbaijani lands at once.” He added that Turkey will support any effort in this direction.