Pakistan and Saudi Arabia discussed security arrangements for Pilgrims (Hujjaj) amid coronavirus outbreak
According to the details, Pakistan’s Minister for Religious Affairs Noor-ul-Haq Qadri had a telephonic discussion with the Saudi Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr. Mohammad Saleh today (Saturday).
Both dignitaries discussed security arrangements for Hajj pilgrims amid coronavirus. The Saudi Minister said an ample policy has been inked to tackle the outbreak of Coronavirus in Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Mohammad Saleh also added that the recent measurements and steps were aimed to protect the lives and health of Umra pilgrims.
Furthermore, he said a part of the Tawaf area was seized for the time being as a preventive measure to control the rush.
The Saudi Minister said tawaf, prayer, and worship are continuing in other parts of the Haram.
It is pertinent to mention that Saudi Arabia had temporarily stopped her national and residents to perform Umra or visiting the Prophet’s mosque in Medina earlier this week.
“It was decided, based on the recommendation of the committee concerned with following up the developments of the situation of the new coronavirus (19-COVID), to suspend Umrah temporarily for citizens and residents in the Kingdom,” the interior ministry statement read.
The Kingdom’s interior ministry added that the decision of temporary suspension for nationals and residents visiting the Holy sites will be reviewed and lifted once “the reasons that called for it is negated.”