Schools to remain closed for another week across Sindh

Staff Reporter BOL News

20th Aug, 2021. 04:22 pm
Schools

KARACHI: The Sindh government on Friday announced to close schools for another week and resume classes from August 30.

Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, in a press conference said that the schools in the province will remain shut in the coming week.

The chief minister said reopening of schools is being delayed so that the school staff, both teaching and non-teaching and parents of the children can get vaccinated.

Murad stressed that parents of school-going children will also have to submit their vaccination certificates to schools.

The Sindh Education Ministry had earlier announced that the schools would resume from August 23 with 50 per cent attendance.

Meanwhile, a total of 70 more deaths due to coronavirus infection and 3,239 new positive cases have been reported in the country in the last 24 hours.

According to the National Command and Operation Center, 51,982 tests were conducted across Pakistan.

The death toll due to the pandemic has now reached 24,783.

The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in Sindh has reached 417,439, while 6,556 people have died.

The number of active pandemic cases in the province is the highest in the country at 47,734, while the number of healthy people has also reached the highest in the country at 363,149.

Adsence 300X250