The Young and Energetic Pakistani Cricketer Babar Azam will lead the national side for the very first time in One Day Internationals (ODI) against Zimbabwe.
According to the details, Babar Azam was appointed as the captain for the ODI, however, this will be the very first time when the National team will take on Zimbabwe under Babar Azam’s captaincy.
Earlier Babar Azam emphasized the importance of the Zimbabwe series as it will be part of the recently launched ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup Super League.
“It is not just important to win the series but it is also important to win with greater points and qualify for the ICC World Cup 2023,” he added.
Babar Azam shares his excitement on leading Pakistan in ODIs against Zimbabwe, @babarazam258 would be leading the team for the first time in ODIs.
— Pakistan Cricket (@TheRealPCB) October 11, 2020
Pakistan Cricket Board today named the squad for the fixtures against Zimbabwe. Selectors opted for several fresh faces in the extended line-up. Zimbabwe will tour Pakistan later this month for three One Day Internationals (ODIs) in Rawalpindi followed by a three-match T20I series in Lahore.
Pakistan has not played ODIs since the home series against Sri Lanka 12 months ago. The selectors have rewarded Central Punjab’s Abdullah Shafiq with a call-up after the 20-year-old former Pakistan U19 batsman finished as the seventh most successful batsman in the National T20 Cup with 358 runs with a strike-rate of over 133.
Pakistan’s Squad includes
- Babar Azam (Captain)
- Fakhar Zaman
- Abid Ali
- Abdullah Shafique
- Haider Ali
- Haris Sohail
- Iftikhar Ahmed
- Khushdil Shah
- Mohammad Hafeez
- Mohammad Rizwan
- Rohail Nazir
- Imad Wasim
- Shadab Khan
- Usman Qadir
- Zafar Gohar
- Fahim Ashraf
- Haris Sohail
- Mohammad Hasnain
- Shaheen Shah Afridi, and Wahab Riaz.
Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe Match Schedule
- 20 Oct – Zimbabwe arrival in Islamabad
- 21-27 Oct – Isolation period & practice
- 28-29 Oct – Practice at Pindi Cricket Stadium
- 30 Oct – 1st ODI, Pindi Cricket Stadium
- 1 Nov – 2nd ODI, Pindi Cricket Stadium
- 3 Nov – 3rd ODI Pindi Cricket Stadium
- 4 Nov – Travel to Lahore
- 5-6 Nov – Practice at Gaddafi Stadium
- 7 Nov – 1st T20I Gaddafi Stadium
- 8 Nov – 2nd T20I, Gaddafi Stadium
- 10 Nov – 3rd T20I, Gaddafi Stadium
- 12 Nov – Zimbabwe departure for Harare