Tech giant Apple announces the iPad Air, 8th generation iPad, Watch SE and Watch Series 6 at September 15 event. It has also announced to release a new software update to iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch users.
The latest iOS 14 brings new features and will be available for all compatible iPhones. In addition, iPad users will also start receiving iPadOS 14 update, while Watch users will get WatchOS 7. Apple will also start rolling out the final version of tvOS 14.
Apple released the beta version of the iOS 14 a few months ago and now all compatible iPhone users will be able to get their hands on the new software update.
Learn how to install the new software update on your Apple device.
To upgrade to iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, you need to upgrade your iPhone and iPad to the latest software update by:
- Heading over to the Settings menu on your iPhone/iPad
- Select General
- Then click on the Software Update
Make sure to:
- Keep your device connected to a stable WiFi network. This is because the update will require a lot of data to be installed.
- Do not use your Apple device while the installation is on. This will speed up the process further.
- Ensure to backup all your data, chats before hitting the installation button.
How to install watchOS 7?
When the new software update is available your Apple Watch will notify and then you will be able to update to watchOS 14 using your iPhone.
- First tap of the ‘Update Tonight’ option in the notification
- Pick up your iPhone to confirm
- Open the Apple Watch app
- Tap on the My Watch tab
- Click on General
- Then tap on Software Update option