Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

700 people suffer food poisoning after eating low-priced shawarma


Aizbah KhanWeb Editor

29th Jul, 2020. 09:21 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
700 people suffer food poisoning after eating low-priced shawarma

At least 700 people have fallen ill and one child has died after eating low-cost shawarma at a restaurant outside the Jordanian capital, Amman.

According to the reports, the local media of Jordan said that the owner of a well-known shawarma restaurant in the northwestern district of Beqaa has been arrested.

The Ministry of Health said in a statement that a 5-year-old child died due to food poisoning after consuming substandard shawarma, while the number of sick people reached 700, most of whom were admitted to hospitals. ۔

The statement said laboratory tests by special investigative teams set up by the General Food and Drug Administration found harmful bacteria in the food.

Local news websites reported that the price of shawarma at the restaurant was set at half its usual price, prompting a large number of people to flock to the restaurant to take advantage of the offer.

It should be noted that the Jordanian people are facing a heatwave these days and the temperature in Amman has risen to more than 40 degrees.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news