Pakistan has confirmed eight new cases toll reached to sixteen a few hours after Sindh’s fifth one was confirmed.
Spokesperson for the provincial health department said that six of them returned to Pakistan from Syria via Doha, Qatar, while the other three arrived from London via Dubai. At present, 13 people infected with coronavirus were under treatment
Earlier today a 53-year-old man, is a resident of Karachi and returned to Pakistan from Syria via Doha, Qatar was diagnosed with the coronavirus and shifted to a quarantine facility alongside his family.
He has been shifted to a quarantine facility alongside his family.
Earlier, the first Pakistani who contracted the novel coronavirus last week, was discharged from hospital on Saturday after he recovered completely from the virus.
According to the details, The young patient, Yahya who is believed to have contracted the virus in the Iranian holy city of Qum, was diagnosed on Feb 26 and subsequently shifted to the isolation ward of a private hospital. He had travelled to the Islamic Republic in a group of 28 pilgrims.
Senator Murtaza Wahab also confirmed this in his tweet.
Very happy to inform that the 1st corona virus patient in #Sindh who was being attended to has recovered and his tests have now come out as NEGATIVE. Alhamdolillah
— SenatorMurtaza Wahab (@murtazawahab1) March 6, 2020
Earlier, Prime Minister’s Special Assistant for Health Dr Zafar Mirza said that one case of Corona virus has been reported in Sindh while the other has been reported in the federal capital.
The first case of the deadly coronavirus in Pakistan has been reported in Karachi’s private hospital, a spokesperson for the Sindh Health Department confirmed.
The 22-year-young male patient travelled to Iran where he acquired the virus He cam back to Pakistan few days back in an airplane Media Coordinator to the Health and Population Welfare Minister Meeran Yousuf said in a statement.
It is to be noted that an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, started in December 2019.
It was first identified in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei, China. As of 26 February 2020, 81,278 cases have been confirmed, including in all provinces of China and more than forty other countries.
There have been 2,770 deaths attributable to the disease, including 55 outside mainland China, surpassing that of the 2003 SARS outbreak.
However, more than 30,000 people have since recovered.