Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Prince Harry and Meghan responded to Trump’s tweets about funding their security


Muhammad UsmanMultimedia Journalist

30th Mar, 2020. 07:27 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Meghan Markle & Prince Harry hire security firm that charges up to £7,000 per day

UK’s Prince Harry and Meghan, have no plans to requests the U.S. government to bear security costs, the royal couple said in a statement on Sunday in response to US President President Donald Trump’s tweet that the United States will not pay for their security.

In January, the couple decided step away from the royal duties and according to reports, recently they have relocated to Los Angeles.

On Sunday President Trump tweeted: “Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”

A spokeswoman for Prince Harry and Meghan responded later in a statement: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the U.S. government for security resources. Privately funded security arrangements have been made.”

Meghan Markle criticized Trump during his 2016 election campaign as divisive and misogynistic.

Last year, Trump, responded on Meghan’s criticism, said: “I didn’t know that. What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.” Trump also wished her well in her new life as a British royal.

 

The royal couple surprised everyone in early January with an announcement they would be stepping down from their roles as senior royals, in order to gain freedom from the intense media scrutiny that has followed them for several years.

 

 

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news