Special Assistant on Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety to the Prime Minister Dr Sania Nishter stated that in 7 days, government has disbursed Rs. 44.194 billion to 3.682 million deserving families under Ehsaas Emergency Cash program.
In a Tweet Dr Sania further stated that government has also commenced payments to male beneficiaries in Category 2 of Ehsaas Emergency Cash program.
“Most them are daily wagers without day jobs for the last one month. Social distancing is being implemented,” she added.
In 7 days, we have disbursed Rs. 44.194 billion to 3.682 million deserving families & have commenced payments to male beneficiaries in Category 2 of #EhsaasEmergencyCash. Most them are daily wagers without day jobs for the last one month. Social distancing is being implemented. pic.twitter.com/tSkEcJ91SL
— Sania Nishtar (@SaniaNishtar) April 16, 2020
The Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme will help 12 million families by providing them financial assistance of Rs. 12,000 per family.
The total budget approved for this initiative is Rs. 144 billion although if the demand rises then a new proposal might be sent to cabinet for further funding.
According to sources, over 30.5 million people have so far applied for assistance under Ehsaas Emergency Cash Programme. The deserving families can also apply for the programme by sending SMS on 8171.
Who can apply?
As per the instructions, one person from one deserving family can apply for the Ehsaas program. However, these people are not eligible to apply for the program.
- Those who do not own a valid CNIC
- Those having abroad travel history
- Those who own a property
- Have utility bills more than Rs 10,000
- Own a passport, or have applied for one and their spouses
- Those who are already registered to any other relief scheme under the federal government
- Current or former government (provincial or federal) employees and their spouses
- Those who submit mobile bills equal to or more than Rs 1,000.
- Three or more family members have got their CNIC with executive fees.
How to apply for the Ehsaas Program?
Type CNIC number in the message bar and send the SMS to 8171.
- If your CNIC is valid, you will be able to proceed for the next step. If the CNIC is invalid, you will get the message, “Your CNIC number is not eligible for the Ehsaas Emergency Cash Program.”
- If the applicant blocked because of sanity profiling, he will get a notification. Otherwise, the application will proceed.
Once you send the CNIC number, you will get one of the following messages as per the criteria.
- You have been registered
- Contact the administration
- You do not deserve this program.
Contact your village Council Secretary or Tehsil office (AC office) if you get a contact message from the administration. After that, check the online link.