Double Click 728 x 90
Double Click 900 x 250

Nankana Sahib Incident: The accused will be dealt soon, says Ijaz Shah


Arhama AltafWeb Editor

05th Jan, 2020. 03:48 pm
Double Click 160 x 600
Ijaz Shah

Interior Minister Ijaz Shah on Sunday said that the authorities will deal with accused persons in accordance with the law in Nankana Sahib Incident.

The accused persons will be dealt in accordance with the law in Nankana Sahib Incident, he said.

Ijaz Shah, while talking to media, reiterated that the government stands alongside with the minority community.

He said the enemies of the country busy in making conspiracies and such anti-state elements wanted to destroy the atmosphere of brotherhood in the country.

The interior minister vowed that he will serve the nationals including the people belonging to the minorities’ community.

Shah termed those going against the religious tolerance as ‘biggest enemies of the country”.

Ijaz Shah said media and social media will expose the truth in the incident.

He detailed that the children aged between 15 to 16 years came there.

Whereas, the people who raised slogans and gave statements at Nankana Sahib expressed embarrassment over the incident.

Earlier on Friday, the Foreign Office in a statement answered questions surrounding the recent unrest at Gurdwara Nankana Sahib.

In an official statement , the spokesperson for the FO said that the provincial authorities in Punjab have informed about a scuffle in the city of Nankana Sahib, between two Muslim groups.

However, the altercation happened on a minor incident at a tea-stall.

District Administration immediately intervened and arrested the accused, who are currently under custody.

The foreign office admonished attempts to paint this incident as a communal issue and called such attempts as patently motivated.

Double Click 300 x 250

Download BOL News App for latest news