One died and his two children admitted to hospital in a serious condition after consuming some poisonous substance in mysterious circumstances in Karachi’s Delhi Colony on Wednesday.
According to details, The deceased man identified as 41-year-old Rehan, and the children as 11-year-old Muniza and eight-year-old Ibrahim.
They were taken to the JPMC, where Rehan breathed his last during treatment, while his children were said to be in a critical condition at the National Institute of Child Health.
Police said the man, his wife and children lived in a Dehli Colony house.
The initial investigation suggested that the man and his children consumed some poisonous substance.
Police will record the statement of the widow to ascertain the nature of the incident, and are also waiting for the postmortem report.
Police said the incident was being investigated from different angles.