Car explosion killed 3 policemen and injures 2 in Wardak province of Afghan.
According to Afghan media, the blast took place at Wardak’s governor’s ceremony.
Afghan media said Wardak’s governor, Zafar Uddin Yemeni, was safe in the attack.
Afghan media also said the rescue team arrived at the scene as soon as the explosion was reported and the injured were taken to the hospital for medical help.
Afghan media further said that no group has claimed responsibility of the attack so far, further investigation of the incident is underway.
Earlier last week, a suicide bomb targeted a minibus of recruits for the Afghan security forces in the eastern city of Jalalabad, killing at least three people and injuring 27, a local government source said.
The bombing was later claimed by a Taliban spokesman, Qari Yousuf Ahmadi, who said the attack was against the National Directorate of Security and had killed intelligence officers.
It should be noted that in September last month at least 35 members of a wedding party, including women and children, were killed and multiple wounded in an airstrike in southern Afghanistan.
An airstrike and raid were conducted by Afghan Special Forces against of Taliban in southern Helmand province.
On September 17, a suicide bomber had also killed at least 24 people outside a campaign rally for Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, less than two weeks ahead of elections.
A further 32 people had been wounded, Parwan hospital director Dr. Abdul Qasim Sangin had told AFP, adding: “The toll includes women and children”.
Interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi had said the bomber had been on a motorbike and had detonated at the first checkpoint leading to the rally. Ghani was unhurt.