You need to have a National Tax Number (NTN) if you are liable to pay income tax, property tax, or sales tax.
If you are a filer, you may get rid of some other taxes. But you have to pay an increased tax rate on banking transactions, property transactions, and vehicle token if you are a filer. If your annual income is 6 lacs, you are liable to pay the income tax. You need to have an NTN to file the tax returns.
You can get your NTN number from FBR. You can avail it both through online or offline methods. However, you have to hire a Tax consultant to get NTN from FBR.
Documents required for Salaried Persons NTN Registration
- Copy of valid CNIC
- Copy of recently paid electricity bill of the house (not older than 3 months)
- Contact Numbers (Mobile & Landline) and valid Email address
- National Tax Number (NTN)of Employer, Office Address, and valid Email address
Documents required for business NTN registration
- Copy of valid
- Copy of recently paid electricity bill of the business location.
- Blank Business Letter Head.
- Property papers or Rental Agreement (Rental Agreement printed on Rs. 200/- stamp paper).
- Contact Numbers (Mobile & Landline), and valid Email address.
- Nature of Business.
The online process to get NTN
Open the link given below to an NTN from FBR
- Click on the Registration for Unregistered Person.
- A form will appear on the screen as you open the link. Fill the necessary details such as CNIC, Name, Contact number, Address, valid email address, etc.
- After filling the details, click on the submit button. Two different 6 digits codes will be sent to you on the provided cell number and email address.
- Enter the codes in the relevant fields and submit the form again. You will get a password of your account and your account will be created.
- Click on the draft after logging to your IRIS account.
- After that, click on the edit button and different tabs such as Personal Tab, Business Tab, Property Tab, Link Tab, Attachment and Bank Account tab will appear on the screen.
- Finally, fill the information in the registration form. If you are an employee of a company, write employer NTN in the Link tab. You will not be required to fill information in Business Tab and Bank Tab. Submit your complete registration form.