Amid the worse situation due to coronavirus in United Kingdom, Cricket Australia has offered assistance to English Cricket Board to host matches on Australian grounds.
As per details, media report said that Cricket Australia has offered assistance to English Cricket Board to host matches on Australian grounds.
England and Wales Cricket Board have revealed Australia and New Zealand emerged as contenders to host matches to help England complete its season.
The ECB on extended the delay to the start of its season until July 1 at the earliest, with Australia’s white-ball tour that includes three T20s and three ODIs originally scheduled to start on July 4.
ECB chief executive Tom Harrison said the board had received “multiple offers” from other countries to help them complete the domestic season.
His comments came after Surrey chairman Richard Thompson earlier said Abu Dhabi had offered to host matches for the ECB.
“We’ve had offers as far away as Australia and New Zealand,” said Harrison. “Those offers are on the table.
However it is still unclear that what kind of offer has made to England, following Cricket Australia Chief Executive Kevin Roberts joining Harrison and 10 other chief executives on an ICC conference call to discuss responses to the COVID-19 pandemic last week.
The CEOs discussed plans for both the men’s T20 World Cup, as well as the women’s 50-over World Cup in New Zealand next year, with planning for both tournament’s continuing as scheduled for now.
A ‘biosecurity’ option – where an international team could serve a quarantine, such at the Adelaide Oval’s under-construction 138-bed hotel in the eastern grandstand – among the plans being considered.
The United Kingdom situation due to coronavirus has gone from bad to worse. Deaths in the UK have now surpassed 20,000 after 813 more people died in the UK.