You might have received a text message from a shortcode ‘8484’ recently. The shortcode is used by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) to inform you should register your mobile phones otherwise, they will be blocked.
PTA mobile registration has been made mandatory for all Pakistanis to register their cellular devices with the PTA.
PTA mobile registration has prompted a confirmation framework called ‘ ‘Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System’ (DIRBS). It has been set up for guaranteeing the ecosystem of the cell phone in Pakistan as well as to keep the record of all the legal gadgets on mobile networks.
How to check IMEI number?
IMEI number which can be checked by any of the following methods:
- Method 1: Dial *#06# on your mobile.
- Method 2: Go to ‘Settings‘ and ‘About Phone‘ section of your smartphone.
- Method 3: It is also printed on your mobile phone’s box.
- Method 4: If your phone has a removable battery, remove the back cover and battery to find the IMEI numb
Here is how you can register your mobile phone with the PTA.
Method 1: Via SMS by sending the IMEI number to 8484
When you send the message to 8484 you will receive one of the following messages:
- IMEI is compliant Device IMEI is Valid. Insert SIM and make a call/SMS to anyone on
- Device IMEI is non-compliant. Please insert all your SIMs in this device
- Device IMEI is blocked. Reported stolen.
Method 2: Through PTA website
- Click on this URL on your phone’s screen https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/
- Enter your 15 digits IMEI Number in the required field.
Method 3: PTA mobile application
- Download the PTA app from Play Store by clicking the following link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pk.gov.dirbs.dvspublic
- Install the App on your device, Open the App once installed, and then follow the simple instructions to enter your IMEI Number.