The case of a travel ban can often happen. If there is an ongoing case such as a financial or traffic case, there might be a temporary travel ban placed against you. You can check the status through the following criteria:
You can easily avail of information about the travel ban in Dubai by using the Dubai Police’s free of cost service online. You can use the following platforms for the inquiry:
- The Dubai Police app (available for both android and Apple)
- The Dubai Police website – dubaipolice.gov.ae
Smart Police stations
Steps to follow for the inquiry
- Visit the Dubai Police app or website and select ‘services’.
- Click on ‘Criminal Status of Financial cases’.
- Provide your Emirates ID number
- Verify your identity through a one-time password (OTP) sent through an SMS on your registered mobile number.
Through these steps, you can get information regarding the travel ban. In addition to this, this service will also enable the public to get details of their criminal cases in financial cases registered in Dubai Police Stations only.
Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Fujairah
the Judicial Department of Abu Dhabi offers the Estasfer service in Abu Dhabi. Through Estasfer, the residents of Abu Dhabi can check if they are requested by the Public Prosecution for any claims against them. You must provide his/her unified ID (UID) number to avail of this service.
However, you would get a new visa number when you cancel an old visa and apply for a new one. But, your UID number will remain the same.
Ras Al Khaimah
RAK government’s official portal is available for the citizens of Ras Al Khaimah. Through this portal, you can check visa ban details. You can also check the status of any court or public procession case you may have against you in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.
- You will be required to provide your case number and year to seek details about the status of the case.
- You can also contact Ras Al Khaimah’s Public Prosecution on 07 2070000.
- If you do not have a case number reference, you can visit a police station in Ras Al Khaimah, and ask for the CID section to place an inquiry.