The governing body of football (FIFA) has announced a new ban on former president Sepp Blatter and former general secretary Jérôme Valcke following the removal of the first sentence for violating the rules.
A statement from FIFA stated that “after the hearing, an independent judicial committee found that former FIFA president Sepp Blatter and former secretary general Valcke had violated FIFA rules.”
The statement said that investigators had found various allegations against Sepp Blatter, including allegations that FIFA officials paid bonuses in connection with FIFA competitions, various amendments and job extensions, and that Valcke’s personal lawsuit was paid by FIFA.
The ruling states that Blatter violated various provisions of FIFA law, including loyalty, conflict of interest, offering and receiving gifts.
Former FIFA Secretary-General Jérôme Valcke was found guilty of violating other provisions, including loyalty, conflict of interest, offering and receiving gifts, and abuse of power.
The two former high-ranking officials were told that the sentences would be under the 2018 edition of Article 11 and others, resulting in 6 years and 8 years of national and international football activities for both Sepp Blatter and Valcke.
FIFA said the two former top officials had also been fined one million Swiss francs.
The statement said that the verdict against Sepp Blatter and Valcke had been published by FIFA, while the previous sentences on both were handed down in 2015 and 2016. The war lasted until October 8, 2021, and October 8, 2025, respectively. Applicable after the end of these sentences.
In December 2015, FIFA’s ethics committee banned former FIFA president Sepp Blatter and former vice-president, Mitchell Platini, for eight years for corruption and abuse of power.
The judges ruled that Blatter had violated FIFA rules by offering conflicts of interest, loyalty deals and gifts, while similar allegations were made against Platini.
He was accused in 2011 of receiving $2 million in FIFA funding from Blatter’s approval of his contract as a presidential adviser between 1999 and 2000, with the approval of Blatter. The matter was categorically denied.