Voice assistants like Google assistant and Alexa seems to burst out into our world, but struggled to go further. Alexa still puzzles on the lack of the depth as what it can do, with basic problems just never really being fixed. Siri has well-documented problems that remain a blight on Apple.
Google Assistant remains the benchmark and can surprise us with its abilities at times, but is never far from doing something strange or even more frustrating.
Still, the ability to set a timer or quickly ask a question when your dog eats a blueberry (“Hey Google, are blueberries safe for dogs?”) is handy, while recognizing the privacy concerns.
Anyway, it’s great: you can now say, starting with “Hey Google…” or “Ok Google”
• “Turn off the lights in five minutes.”
• “Turn on the lights at 7 AM.”
• “Turn on the lights at sunset.”
• “Turn off the lights at 11 PM.”
• “Turn on my coffee maker at 8 AM tomorrow.”
• “Turn on the light for a minute.”
• “Run my sprinkler in a week at 5 PM.”
And so on you get the idea there are many examples we have given in this article.